Theerawit was born in Ratchaburi, Thailand, on October 27, 1990. In 2006, he moved to Bangkok for enrolling in Gifted Science program at Triamudomsuksa School. He received a B.Eng. degree in Electrical Engineering from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand in 2013, and received M.Eng. and D.Eng. degrees in Engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan in 2015 and 2017, respectively. His personal interest is signal/information processing, especially for recognition of human activities. He used to work on Electrooculography (EOG) and Electroencephalography (EEG) towards human computer interfaces.
- Visiting Scholar at Fatigue Countermeasures Laboratory in the Human Systems Integration Division, NASA Ames Research Center, California, USA [September 2016 – November 2016]
- Visiting Scholar at Biostatistics and Informatics (BSI) Laboratory, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Pathum Thani, Thailand [May 2016 – July 2016]
- Internship at Research Institute National Rehabilitation Center for Persons with Disabilities, Saitama, Japan [September 2014 – November 2014]
- PhD Research Fellowship from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- JAPANESE GOVERNMENT （MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT） SCHOLARSHIP
- Junior Science Talent Project (JSTP), NSTDA, THAILAND [Fellowship]